The Chapter 7 bankruptcy process takes about 90 days from start to finish.
Before your case is filed you must undergo a credit counseling class with an accredited agency. After your case is filed you must undergo a financial education course with an accredited agency.
Your 341 Meeting of Creditors occurs about 30 days after the filing.
Your bankruptcy will close and your discharge be entered approximately 60 days after the Meeting of Creditors.
- Meet with us for a free consultation to determine your eligibility and suitability for bankruptcy
- Gather the necessary documentation to complete your Petition and Schedules
- Undergo the required credit counseling class
- Meet with us to prepare your Petition and Schedules
- File the case
- Complete the financial education course
- Attend the Meeting of Creditors with the Trustee
- Receive your discharge
This is a very basic overview. Contact us for your free consultation where we can will go into much more detail about what will happen and what to expect.
← What is the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process?